Skincare Review Empties: Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer SPF 30

Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer SPF 30

This moisturizer is the version with accelerated retinol but without vitamin C.  This is a bottle that I have purchase from last year 2013, it lasted quite a while but mainly because I was on and off using it.  For a while I thought anything with SPF was causing acnes to break out on my chin/lower mouth area, but I found out that had to do with my hormonal acne and no moisturizer was to blame for it.

So I started using it again after taking a break from it, it's a decent moisturizer.  I brought mainly because I needed a SPF day moisturizer and I saw the Retinol, so I was eager to try.  Later when the impulsive buying motive was over, I realized that isn't Retinol supposed to be applied with restrictions on amount of sun exposure, so the idea of retinol in day moisturizer with SPF is contradicting.  It almost feel like I should wear more sun screens when there's Retinol. 

The bottle does not have a lot products for the price.  I think it was almost $25 Canadian when I brought it.  It's obviously a lot cheaper than high-end skincare brand, but as a drug store brand, this is definitely not cheap.

The pump has locking, but every time I used it there's always a dried up piece from the last time you pump it, which is very annoying.  The consistency of the products is quite good, it's easily spreadable, and there's no white cast or leftover bits unlike over SPF moisturizer (Cetaphil SPF 30 oil control moisturizer has white bits that never spread, so it's comparably better). 

Overall Review: 3.5/5, not likely I would repurchase but its a good product, I would recommend to people looking for SPF day cream that is reasonably priced. 

#skincarereview #spfmoisturizer #Neutrogena #retinol

Comments