Skin Care Empties: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit facial cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit facial cleanser

This bottle is definitely not my first empty, i have already used up about 2 or 3 bottle of this exact cleanser and 1 bottle of the same line of pink grapefruit acne scrub.  It was definitely my HG cleanser for the last 3 months.

I have tried to switch off from using this and going back to ordinary foam cleanser, i think that caused more acne immediately when i did the switch, so i was back using this cleanser only (and i mean religiously using it morning and night). 

This cleanser is definitely for the acne flare up, but after using it for almost 3 month, i did see my skin getting more drier.  I think one thing that i have noticed from this cleanser is that immediately after rinsing my skin feel really tight, and if I don't put on a hydrating toner on, the tightness feeling will continue to last.  This is really not good for the skin, it kills acne but dry out the skin, so i thought there must a product out there that kills acne and skin will not be dehydrated, which is why i have not decided to repurchase this cleanser and try something else (or until my acne gets really worst and i am force to switch back).

The texture of this acne cleanser is gel consistency but it does form up a bit when washing your face.  The cleansing power is great, not sure about what it does for removing makeup, probably not that great.  I used feel uncomfortable  when this gets into my eye when i was washing my face, but lately i don't anymore.  I could wash around the area of my eyes and it would not feel anything.

I think the smell of grapefruit is really refreshing.  The packaging is nice, but when it's almost used up, the pump no longer can get the bottom gels, so then you have to turn it upside down.

Overall review: 4.5/5
  This cleanser has 2% salicylic acid does kill acne, and i think salicylic acid does more for my acne than benzoyl peroxide.

#skincare #skincarereview #skincareempties

Comments